Call for nominations of new board organizations
People that Deliver (PtD) prides itself on having a diverse board not only in terms of organizational characteristics, but also in geographical representation, language, and health program focus. PtD's board is comprised of supply chain leaders from seven key constituencies:
- Governments or other representatives of low and middle-income countries
- Donor governments/agencies and foundations
- Multilateral organizations, including regional organizations
- Non-governmental and technical organizations
- Academic/research/training institutions
- Professional associations
- Private sector organizations
Does your organization fit into one of these categories and do you have the skills, passion, and drive to be a member of the PtD board of directors?
PtD is looking for strategic supply chain thought leaders who have the skills and experience to make a meaningful contribution to PtD during a time of change and sustainable growth. Together, we want to continue to build on the excellent foundations and developments made since our establishment in 2011.
The basic requirements, in addition to a willingness to be an active participant of a working board, stipulate that each candidate must:
- Have a deep understanding of the challenges facing human resources for supply chain management and potential solutions/new approaches/best practices;
- Understand what it takes to have significant impact on country policies and implementation;
- Ability to bring needed financial resources to the Initiative;
- Be able to successfully engage new stakeholders in the Initiative (e.g., donors, multilaterals private sector, key international and national NGOs, academics/research community, advocacy community, health system managers, pharmacists).
- Strong understanding of developing country health supply chains, as well as global efforts related to health supplies and supply chains;
- Strong understanding of developing country human resources for health policies and practices, as well as global efforts in this area;
- Management of complex multi-stakeholder Initiatives like People that Deliver;
- Organizational development and management - i.e., for development of policies and structures that will facilitate Initiative success;
- Experience in strategic planning as well as workplan and budget development Resource mobilization, relevant both to Initiative operational costs and activities;
- Understanding of legal and fiduciary requirements relevant to the Initiative;
- Experience monitoring and/or evaluating the impact of advocacy initiatives
- Ability to work with and represent the Initiative to diverse groups (e.g., donors, multilaterals private sector, key international and national NGOs, academics/research community, advocacy community, health system managers, pharmacists).
- Represent PtD at key events and meetings, to bring in partnerships and support we need to scale up for country-based change.
Complete the nomination form via email to email@example.com by 29 March, 2019. Please submit one nomination per organization.
Once a nomination is submitted, the PtD Secretariat will follow up with an email confirmation. The Secretariat will collect all nominations received and present them to the board.
Please contact the PtD Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Link to nomination form: https://peoplethatdeliver.org/ptd/download/file/fid/807