In order to support the functioning of its new state-of-the-art Training Centre, NMSF partnered with PtD to:
- Establish a five-year training strategy
- Develop a comprehensive costed training plan based on an assessment of training needs
- Improve onboarding of new staff by way of a mentoring and coaching programme
- Link training interventions to individual job descriptions and performance
The PtD/NMSF collaboration produced the following outputs:
- NMSF Training Strategy 2017 - 2021
- NMSF Annual Training Plan
- NMSF Competency Framework
- NMSF Job Descriptions
In 2017, a case study was written that describes how NMSF, as a semi-autonomous pharmaceuticals supply agency, has been successful in partnering with UNICEF and the People that Deliver (PtD) Initiative in developing a comprehensive strategy for the development and retention of its workforce. Success is attributed to strong leadership with a focus on continual improvement of all aspects of the organization.Read the case study of NMSF: A semi-autonomous Supply Chain agency with strong leadership. Click here to view the case study.
For more information on NMSF (National Medical Supplies Fund) of Sudan, please visit their homepage.
These case studies document HR for SCM approaches within organizations. Imperial Health Sciences and the Government of Sudan are featured.
In order to understand constraints and guide solutions that will develop Zimbabwean public health sector supply chain human resources, the Ministry of Health and Child Welfare (MOHCW) Directorate of Pharmacy Services (DPS), with support from the USAID | DELIVER PROJECT, carried out an assessment of human resources for supply chain management in March 2012.