Located at the headquarters of the National Medical Supplies Fund (NMSF) in Sudan, the new state-of-the-art training center will be officially opened on Monday, 17 April 2017. The Abdulhameed Ibrahim Training Center has been specifically built to cater for the development of the supply chain community in Sudan, as well as in other countries in the region, making it a unique facility in Africa.
NMSF believes that continuous professional development is key in securing high quality, efficient & safe medical supplies. The Abdelhameed Ibrahim Training Center will support human resources development and capacity building of medical supply chain employees.
The center features:
- Facilities for formal training, group work and self-study
- A conference hall with seating for 265
- A health coordination meeting hall with seating for 90
- Four training rooms
- Computer lab with 25 computers
- Video conferencing facilities
- Electronic library with access to journals
- Physical library and study space
All meeting and training areas are equipped with smart screens, projectors, network connections and WiFi, while an on-site IT unit is readily available for technical support.
The scope of training targets a range of stakeholders, including:
- Professional development and capacity building programs for all NMSF staff
- Training programs for individuals and organizations involved in pharmaceutical Supply Chain Management
- Continuous Professional Development for pharmacists
As well as providing face to face training and capacity building, the center also supports a range of self-study and online learning activities.